Saturday 6 November 2010

A Picnic, fun or pain

While living in India I had requested my parents to take me to Vega land or Dream World several times and I don’t know why my requests were never granted . They might have their own excuses or justifications to put forth before their second Qatar born child. What ever it may be I did not wreck my brain brooding over its pros and cons.

Here in Doha where I was born in 1998 the situation is entirely different. Being the youngest child of my parents I am lucky to enjoy their love and affection more than my siblings. My father had told me  how my two brothers, Wadukakka and Munnukakka, waited eagerly for my arrival when my mom was expecting me, how each of them argued that I resembled him, how Munnukakka cried when one of my father’s friends said that I resembled Wadukakka and how I used to sleep beside my sister asking her to tell me stories of elephants . I know how much  my parents love me.  I do miss my only sister and  Wadukka who now live in India. My dad does not forget to hug me and  pat on my head almost every day and even asks me to sit on his lap when my mom reminds him that I am no longer a child but a grown up boy.

Therefore when  my class teacher announced once  that a trip was being organized to visit jungle Zone I knew that my request to join my class mates would be welcomed and supported by my parents. I have never been to such an amusement park. But it seemed to me that the time chosen was inappropriate as I was suffering from severe tooth ache. It was not a tooth ache in the real sense of the term as the cause was that one of my teeth was ready to give way to a new one eager to join my jaws. I have very often wondered why people scream when are riding on roller coasters and other rides. When I began to ride I soon realized why they do so. First I played a car racing game. There was a lot of fun in it that I forgot about my tooth. When I came out, my tooth ache  was back again . Then I went to the roller coaster. . But I didn’t scream but felt dizzy. On such occasions I clutched the handles. There was one part where monsters and spiders were shown to scare us. But they were not at all scary but were instead boring. But the fun part was when the track turned around a bit and then it seemed to me that I was going to fall down but the train was static and did not move during this process.

I had a fun time. I even played on a ride in which the carts  we sat in were lifted up high and suddenly brought down at a very high speed. This process was repeated for some time. I was terrified especially since I was afraid of heights. After that my tooth pain worsened. When I returned to school everyone was talking about the trip and me still suffering from somewhat unbearable tooth ache. So I don’t know whether it was a painful or pleasing experience.



By the Youngest Son.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the title reminded me of wordsworth's expressions like "aching joys" & "Dizzy raptures"

    ReplyDelete
  3. good one mushoo...keep going

    ReplyDelete