Tuesday 30 November 2010

Bits and pieces

Tonight I am leaving with my parents for that part of the world often called as God's own country which is Kerala . I cannot describe my feelings exactly but can only say that I am excited. We are going to attend the wedding of my eldest brother Wadukakka and a new member named Mukhlisa (an Arabic word meaning sincere) is going to join our family. We are awaiting her arrival eagerly. The poor fellows had to wait for one year after their engagement mainly due to my father's work schedule and partly owing to my school vacation timings. I miss my Wadukakka too much. He is now doing his PG course in medicine in Chandigarh in India. I have not seen him for the last two years. My parents and other relatives say that I resemble him . I have kept some of my drawings to show them to him. It is from him that I got the inspiration to draw. My father had told me that Wadukakka had won many prizes in drawing, painting, cartoon and essay writing while he was studying in Doha. I have not won any prizes so far but there is still time ahead . As per his instructions, I am now attending drawing classes and  have started participating in drawing competitions as well.


Recently we shifted to a new house in Doha which is more spacious than the one we were living in. It has been painted in light green as per my request. Those who call at our house say it looks nice. I got the idea of light green colour from a cartoon I had watched. My beloved mom works hard to keep the house neat and tidy. Due to her constant care and attention, the white marble floor always shines. She does not want to see any dark spot on the floor, however tiny they are. She scolds my father and Munnukakka when they soil the floor, drops their clothes here and there , forget to switch off the light while going out .Some times they even do not remember to lock the door when  they go for work in the morning when my mom will be sleeping. She  sometimes wakes up from her sleep as if she had a dream to find that the door is not locked . Unfortunately both my dad and elder brother are careless in such matters.

My mom cooks very delicious meals. She enjoys everything she is doing whether it be cleaning or cooking. The curries she prepares are so tasty. In the kitchen she has to prepare three types of dishes. I like roasted beef with some sauce in it whereas my elder brother Munnukakka prefers beef roasted dry. In addition, she has to prepare low fat dishes for my father. My father likes chicken curry. He jokes saying that it is because his family name "Kozhippurath" is a Malayalm word that literally means " on chicken's back". He says that there  are several other funny family names in North Kerala which if translated to other languages will create laughter among the listeners.

My father told me how happy he was when my class teacher during the last parent- teacher meeting told him that I was perfect every respect . He added that the only negative aspect my teacher pointed out was that I was shy and that he then had told her that he and his children were also shy and that it might be a genetic problem.



By the youngest son

No comments:

Post a Comment