Wednesday 7 July 2010

A New Start...continued

I love travelling , be it by bus, car ,train or air. I never miss an opportunity to visit places. My main hobby during the journey is to watch the world outside through window and observe lives of different people. For this reason I prefer travelling by train to other mode of transport . Every big railway station has a slum attached to it. Small houses resembling match boxes packed together, children running around , women cooking , old people sleeping in their varanda , people watching television huddled together in their unimaginably small visiting rooms , neighbours shouting one another etc .Everyone is busy with his or her own life , enjoying it to the full extent and playing their role in this world with full vigour .

My friend came five minutes before the train started moving . Now you can imagine the stress. I had been there waiting. But my pain was not over yet . Now she gave me a ticket in which my name was spelt wrong to the extent that it was literally not mine. Now I had to convince the ticket checker . Railway rules had become a little strict recently and some ticket checkers are really arrogant these days . I started thinkng of my options.

1. I could try convincing the ticket checker , which had the risk of getting caught. Morover , that would put me at the mercy of the ticket checker. I could escape by bribing him , but you never know some checkers become Raja Harishchadra in a minute.
2. I could distract the checker from looking at the name. But considering the fact that I am a terrible actor the chances of getting caught were so high .
3. As usual , wait and see .

But I decided to take the adventurous option. Sometimes I like the risky routes. What's the fun in life if one takes no risks . So when the checker came I pretended taking my ID card from my wallet with difficulty and showed it at a distance . Seeing that I would take time to show my ID he said it is OK. The poor guy fell for it . After all he was a friendly young chap .

So God blessing me with a splendid rain and employing a small trick I entered Chandigarh , hoping that the beautiful city would give me a new start .

By the eldest son

No comments:

Post a Comment