Saturday 7 January 2012

NOSTALGIA (TIME FLIES , MEMORIES DONOT)

Gone from me are my fleeting days

Dreams depart with flying time

In the startled jerk of my heart

I espy how long and endless my life has been



Shock sharpened my senses

And the sunken years surged with their faces

It evoked in me the dead old memories

That lay buried in the abyss of my heart



Time arrived in its winged chariot

Kissing my tears as they trickle down

It rubbed salt into my wounds

Which I thought time could heal



I cherish a time when my heart flew from me

To feel the rainbow that arched the heaven above

And a time when my heart dived deep

To hear the music on still waters



A time when the cool blew on me

Dispelling the sorrows that surfeited my mind

And in its train it brought for me

Mirth, merriment, music and melody



The moon arrived with its treasure of silver

Embracing me with its blanket of stars

The sun shed its richer gold

Showing me the beauty that lay deep in its core



Shimmer , glimmer and swimming light

The dawn loomed with its treasure so bright

Smiling flowers , chirping sparrows

Gurgling streams , grazing gazelles



My heart flew into the blue so broad

To see the stars that enamel the skies

It dived into the darkness of ocean

To count the pearls that lay deep down



Life was bizarre and baffling

Time was taunting and teasing

Somewhere in the game of chasing dreams

And got tangled in the cobweb of time



Oh, God! It is in you that I see

Tranquility wedded to intimate sweetness

Keep me sound and safe in your palm

And rock me into a deep and dreamless trance.

By the daughter



1 comment:

  1. I remember this poem.. got the first prize for English versification I guess , if I am not wrong.. That was indeed a great work !

    ReplyDelete